Golf and Harvest in Bordeaux – September/October 2021
From 581€/person for 3 nights (free cancellation)
With its world famous vineyards Bordeaux is the best place to experience the harvest at a local chateau. Greens & Grapes has put together a last-minute package specifically for this unique event. It is also an opportunity to combine it with a golf holiday and create your very own special break out in the open!
You will stay in a private wine-producing château only a few minutes away from the château where the harvesting takes place. If you prefer we can also look at an alternative swish accommodation in Bordeaux city centre or on a Golf resort. Take a look at our options
Depending on your tailor-made itinerary we build together with you, you can either spend a full day immersive experience at a château or opt for havesting visit.
The full day harvesting experience starts in the morning at the château where you’re greeted by the owners who will then take you to the vineyard where you will join the picking team. The harvest kicks-off with the first part of the process that is hand-picking the grapes. Next it’s sorting the grapes on the sorting tables to ensure the quality of the wine, and then after it’s taking the grape juice to the vats. At lunchtime you’ll enjoy a well- deserved meal and taste different wines from the vineyard. In the afternoon, you enjoy the traditional visit of the château and cellars.
The harvesting visit can be scheduled in the morning or the afternoon and is the ideal option if you wish to combine it with a golf game. You’re greeted by the château owners who take you to the vineyards to show you the process of vine picking. You’re invited to take part in the activity. A visit of the château facilities is then laid own. Wine-tasting is combined with lunch of some local delicatessen.
Food and Wine, of course
Greens & Grapes will provide you with a guide to help with visiting restaurants and other châteaux in the area. As part of your package you will enjoy a visit to La Cité du Vin that also includes wine-tasting. We also include a special gastronomic experience which can be either in our favourite local brasserie, in a restaurant in a château or a Michelin-starred restaurant. Just let us know what takes your fancy!
- A wide selection of accommodation from luxury guest houses, châteaux, to 3, 4 or 5* hotels. Breakfast is included.
- One evening meal based on 3 courses and exclude wine. They can be chosen from a hand-picked selection of modern bistros and gastronomic restaurants.
- From a 3-hour visit of a château including, a workshop on harvesting and wine-tasting with local delicatessen in a Bordeaux château to a full day immersive experience including ½ day harvesting, lunch and visit of the château facilities.
- Green fees are booked by Greens&Grapes on one of our major 18-hole courses.
- Transport is excluded but can be arranged including private chauffeuring.
- Flights are not included.
- Free cancellation up to 7 days before.